Smooth IT Operation
- Monitor heterogeneous server, network and mainframe structures
- Centralize monitoring functions to achieve consistent monitoring periods and faster trouble-shooting
- A series of departments and a large number of persons involved have high demands on intensive communication during the project and on a high-quality tool
Why LeuTek have been chosen?
- Very good experiences with LeuTek as reliable, flexible and long-standing expert partner since 1995 (ZIS System)
- Decision to use LeuTek ZISGUI and ZISSLM based on features, integratability, display functions, easy operability, and low administration effort
- Successful implementation of similar projects
- Realize comprehensive monitoring of complete IT infrastructure in multiple stages
- Cross-department initiative for centralized monitoring as of mid 2005
- Successful, fast implemented test installation of ZISGUI late in 2005 with subsequent deployment in 2006
- No "big bang scenario" but successively integrating all applications and infrastructure components into a central system
- Implementation of a web interface and ZISSLM to document service levels
- The ZIS product family by LeuTek transparently represents the complex IT topology of BHF-Bank serving as a basis for optimized IT operation
- Centralized monitoring entails shorter communication paths, more efficient usage of resources, consistently longer monitoring periods, and considerably faster trouble-shooting
- This leads to reduced restart times of systems and increased productivity
- Clear, documented processes, increased system stability and availability, data quality, and staff acceptance
Focus on monitoring
Two data centers are the IT backbone of BHF-Bank productivity. In this context, the LeuTek ZIS System application has been ensuring targeted monitoring of IT-based business processes since 1995. Until 2005, several units within the group, all in all about 140 employees, were more or less busy with monitoring: The server administrators were responsible for operating all Unix and Windows servers, the network administrators for all network components, and z/OS operating for mainframes. An initiative for centralizing monitoring tasks aimed at additional transparency by accessing consolidated, cross-department information, consistent monitoring times, recognizing errors at an early stage, and a fast solution of any occurring system problems. At the end of a comprehensive market evaluation and test phase, BHF-Bank opted for the ZISGUI application to implement the project targets.
Today, the ZIS product line by LeuTek is the central information hub for our group-wide monitoring activities. At any point in time, persons in charge can make a clear statement on the availability of the individual business processes at a single glance. This guarantees the required reliability for the productivity of all business areas.
Statement Nikolaus Merz, production planning manager