Smooth IT Operation
- Monitor heterogeneous server, network and mainframe structures
- Centralize monitoring functions to achieve consistent monitoring periods and faster trouble-shooting
- A series of departments and a large number of persons involved have high demands on intensive communication during the project and on a high-quality tool
Why LeuTek have been chosen?
- Very good experiences with LeuTek as reliable, flexible and long-standing expert partner since 1995 (ZIS System)
- Decision to use LeuTek ZISGUI and ZISSLM based on features, integratability, display functions, easy operability, and low administration effort
- Successful implementation of similar projects
- Realize comprehensive monitoring of complete IT infrastructure in multiple stages
- Cross-department initiative for centralized monitoring as of mid 2005
- Successful, fast implemented test installation of ZISGUI late in 2005 with subsequent deployment in 2006
- No "big bang scenario" but successively integrating all applications and infrastructure components into a central system
- Implementation of a web interface and ZISSLM to document service levels
- The ZIS product family by LeuTek transparently represents the complex IT topology of ODDO BHF serving as a basis for optimized IT operation
- Centralized monitoring entails shorter communication paths, more efficient usage of resources, consistently longer monitoring periods, and considerably faster trouble-shooting
- This leads to reduced restart times of systems and increased productivity
- Clear, documented processes, increased system stability and availability, data quality, and staff acceptance
Focus on monitoring
Two data centers are the IT backbone of ODDO BHF productivity. In this context, the LeuTek ZIS System application has been ensuring targeted monitoring of IT-based business processes since 1995. Until 2005, several units within the group, all in all about 140 employees, were more or less busy with monitoring: The server administrators were responsible for operating all Unix and Windows servers, the network administrators for all network components, and z/OS operating for mainframes. An initiative for centralizing monitoring tasks aimed at additional transparency by accessing consolidated, cross-department information, consistent monitoring times, recognizing errors at an early stage, and a fast solution of any occurring system problems. At the end of a comprehensive market evaluation and test phase, ODDO BHF opted for the ZISGUI application to implement the project targets.
Today, the ZIS product line by LeuTek is the central information hub for our group-wide monitoring activities. At any point in time, persons in charge can make a clear statement on the availability of the individual business processes at a single glance. This guarantees the required reliability for the productivity of all business areas.
Statement Nikolaus Merz, production planning manager