Important business processes depend on the IT infrastructure to work smoothly. Downtimes lead to considerable costs. Efficient systems management can help to define relations and interdependencies in such a way that systems and applications work together efficiently. With this concept, IT administrators can introduce automatisms that can be used to quickly solve simple problems and to alert experts if needed. In addition, they can observe resources, predict and avoid critical situations, quickly recognize and solve minor problems and provide efficient recovery after fatal errors.
Systems management with the ZIS System
For systems management, the ZIS System administers and controls the IT resources in a company at a central point and automates the administration tasks.
- Actively monitoring your servers and applications
- Approx. 650 plugins available out of the box (best practices)
- Centralized and automatated administration and distributed monitoring
- Powerful event correlation - logical weighting and relation of statuses
- High degree of automation (process restart, etc.)
- Fast and simple error analysis
- Multi-tenant, clear dashboards
- Comprehensive out-of-the-box
- Integrated alarm features
Cloud and Docker Monitoring within Systems Management
The ZIS system solution provides a comprehensive overview of the cloud infrastructure. The new ZIS Web Connector monitors the private, public and hybrid cloud of the respective cloud provider.
This allows the performance and availability data of the cloud services to be monitored efficiently and automatically. Therefore a comprehensive monitoring of your various cloud providers and the inclusion of the availability and performance of your IT and business services is provided. The monitored metrics are based on the respective web service API of the cloud provider. Secure communication with the cloud provider via a DMZ is guaranteed.
- Webservice APIs per cloud provider
- Long-term archiving of performance and availability data
- Inclusion of cloud services in the service (level) calculation
- Measurement of performance data and availability of cloud applications
- Analysis of resource utilization and performance of virtual environments
- Check of the available cloud storage
- Numerous key figures: Number of users for the respective application (eg Office 365), Data In / Data Out, Usage Time, Usage Volume, etc.
The ZIS solution provides you an automatic monitoring system of your docker environment.
In the Docker environment it is elementary to recognize if sufficient containers have been started in a defined docker service. This information is provided automatically by the ZIS system in conjunction with the ZIS agent and informs when the resources of the service come to the defined thresholds.
A special ZIS Agent monitors the installed containers on a docker node. It monitors the performance, the events and the log files of the containers. Newly added containers are automatically monitored. If the Docker-Swarm is extended by further Docker-Nodes, this Docker-Node including the installed container is automatically monitored.
The following metrics are monitored with the ZIS system:
- Memory consumption of a container
- DISK I / O
- Network I / O
- Events from Docker Container
- Services (number of defined containers / number of existing containers)